Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Sweet Grandpa
We lost my sweet Grandpa on December 17th this year. He had been having a lot of back problems, and had to go in for major back surgery. Otherwise, he was in excellent health and an avid exerciser. The day after his surgery, a nurse got him out of bed without his brace on and left him unattended. As a result, he fell, which caused a brain clot to form. He never gained consciousness again. Th family was quite upset about the whole ordeal, but most of all, we just miss him. It didn't seem like it was his time to go yet.
My grandpa was a wonderful example of how a husband, father, grandpfather, priesthood leader, boss, and employee should be. He has always been a spiritual giant in my life. When I didn't know where to turn for a blessing, or some good advice, grandpa always had it. He was such a hard worker and truely dedicated to everything he did. He served many hours in the temple as a temple worker, and was in the Bishopric of several single LDS wards. He held a special place in his heart for young single adults. He gave so much to his family, and he will surely be missed by all of us! We love you grandpa!!!






6 comments:

sorichfamily said...

Oh Kim...I am so sorry for your loss! I remember my few interactions with him to be full of smiles and sweetness. You could always see in his eyes how much he loved you and was proud of you. And he was just the cutest and best dressed Grandpa I knew! I know he will be watching over you and your sweet family...that's just how he was! I love you and hope that you will feel the comfort you need at this time. I'll be praying for you!

jen said...

I'm so sorry for you loss. I know how hard it is to lose a grandparent. Sending thoughts and love your way.

Kaylynn said...

Kimber, I am so sorry to hear about our Grandpa. I didn't know he passed away. He was a great role model in your life. At least he gets to be with his wife again.

dana liston said...

Kimi I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa!! I know how much you loved him. Your Grandparents always did so much for you! He was a great man. Love you Kim!

Eric and Tracey said...

I'm sorry Kimber! :) I love you.

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

I will miss your Grandpa too. That is a great photo of him. What a classy man who had such love for his family and all around him. Your grandparents were always so good to open their home to me too. Do you remember when Isaac and I came and visited and stayed there? So many good memories. I am happy he is finally with his Ardie Lee. Those two always seemed so in Love. What great examples! I love you!