Thursday, December 11, 2008

I ALMOST BURNT THE HOUSE DOWN....




Well, not really, but I did a stupid thing! I was warming up some soup on our flat top stove...and I turned on the wrong burner by mistake...and we keep a stack of papers, mail, our cell phones, etc..by the stove on the counter. Some papers were on the stove, and before I knew it, it had caught fire! At first I thought something was melting in the dishwasher, until I turned around and saw a fire on the stove! It burnt some papers, melted our cell phone charger cord, and oh, it melted Tom's cell phone!! I know, so stupid....I felt really bad for ruining Tom's phone, but he was cool about it. Needless to say, he got a new one today! Sorry, babe! Here are a couple of pics from the "accident."

8 comments:

jen said...

That sucks but you are lucky you were right there to catch it.

Kelly and Whitney said...

Lucky Lucky! im glad nothing major happened (except Tom's phone) :)

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

I had a similar thing happen just yesterday with a dish cloth on the burner catching fire. luckily I was right there. Good job getting pictures! Thankfully you all are okay!

dana liston said...

Wow Kimber-that is scary! Glad Tom's phone was the only thing damaged!

Melinda said...

Wow! I thought your title would be a little bit of an exaggeration but you were serious! Scary!

I was making oatmeal last month and it boiled over a little. I turned it to med-hi and left it. Ten minutes later, when I smelled gas, I realized the boil-over had put the flame out and I'd been filling my house with gas for 10 minutes! Even the kids rooms upstairs stunk of it. I had every door and window open. Freaked me out!

bv said...

You are hilarious and still soooo KIMBER! I heart you! Holidays or not, let's get together soon!

xxox
bv

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

I have a ceramic stove too and I can't tell you how many times I do that very thing!! It's like a second counter top! Good thing it wasn't tooo terribly bad. =)

martha said...

I bet Tom was really excited to get a new phone and not bummed at all. Gee, the things I miss by being sick. You guys have been really busy. We got lots of snow here. It's the wet heavy kind. Hopefully it will melt before you guys get home. Miss you. Merry Christmas! (and thanks for helping with the kids last week)